- Pitch to ditch plastics with the Last Straw on the GBR– See below for details on pitching to ditch plastics to businesses.
- Reef Check Australia – Check out the opportunities with Reef Check Australia for ambassador programs and all things reef!
- Tangaroa Blue Foundation – Participate in a beach clean-up and learn how the Australian Marine Debris Database works. This is not your average clean-up event.
- Cairns and Far North Environment Centre – All things lead to the sea, why not participate in a drain stenciling day? Or make some Boomerang Bags?
- Great Barrier Reef Legacy – Check for volunteer opportunities here, updated regularly.
Pitching to ditch plastics – Nervous about asking a businesses to go plastic straw free? We have you covered!
The Last Straw on the Great Barrier Reef has a target area of over 500,000 Sq km’s stretching from the tip of Australia in the Torres Straight as far down as the Southern Great Barrier Reef – Gladstone and we need your help to encourage businesses to reduce their use of single-use plastics.
If you are keen to talk to businesses about plastics and straws, but not sure how to go about it, email us and we will send you all the tips you need – our pitch it perfect pack email: firstname.lastname@example.org
So you can pitch plastics perfectly! Together we can make a difference – we need your help to encourage businesses anywhere in the world to go plastic straw free.